05/11/2019: "FHL Open House MAY 11, 2019 11 am - 4 pm"
As you find your way across our beautiful FHL campus, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at our facilities and learn about the exciting research being done here. No need to RSVP to this family-friendly event that’s open to all ages!
On your self-guided tour you can:
* view SCUBA diving demos @ 11:30, 12:30 & 1:30
* catch plankton & use a microscope to examine it
* touch sea life
* take in a scientific lecture
* hop aboard our docked 58-ft research vessel Centennial and snack on fresh popcorn while you check out oceanographic tools, sonar systems, video captured by our remotely operated vehicle (ROV), and walk through the boat’s wheelhouse
* browse amongst booths and displays from other local agencies, including The Whale Museum and Friends of Lime Kiln Society
* shop for FHL “swag” including t-shirts, sweatshirts and hats
* grab a light bite to eat on the deck of our historic Dining Ha