06/10/2018: "Monday Panel On County Future"
The League of Women Voters of the San Juans will present a panel discussion on the present situation and future outlook for the county from 12:30-2:30 p.m., Monday, June 11 at the San Juan Island Library meeting room.
The following local officials will share their views on how national, state and local changes have affected islanders and what to expect in the future.
• Jennifer Armstrong, director of the Family Resource Center
• Lincoln Bormann, director of the San Juan County Land Bank
• Elexis Fredy, superintendent of the San Juan Island National Historic Park
• John Geyman M.D., author of several books on U.S. health care reform
• Duncan Wilson, Town of Friday Harbor Administrator
This program is open to the public, and is an opportunity to hear about the state of the community. The panel will take questions and lead discussion after their presentations. To learn more about LWVSJ, follow them on Facebook @LWVSanJuans.