07/17/2017: "Park Street Chipsealing Scheduled"
The Town’s Park Street Sewer & Water Main Replacement Project is nearly complete. Town has contracted with SJC Public Works to provide chipsealing services to restore the roadway surface next week. Important construction and road closure dates follow.
• Beginning Monday, July 17th - SJCPW will mobilize equipment on Park Street in the morning. The crew will be grinding the existing pavement on Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
• Beginning Wednesday, July 19th -" SJCPW will haul in and spread gravel, reshape the roadway, and then compact it on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
• Beginning Monday, July 24th - SJCPW will begin chipsealing. The chipsealing process is expected to be done within the day.
• Park Street - In order to do this work, Park Street will be closed to through traffic (local access only) from Monday, July 17th through Friday, July 21st, and then again on Monday, July 24th. During these times all vehicles MUST be off the street.
• Marguerite Place - At times during work near the intersection, Marguerite Place in its entirety (from Spring Street to Guard Street) will be closed to through traffic. Crosstown traffic should detour to Blair Avenue. Local access will be granted up to, but not through, the Park Street/Marguerite Place intersection. Every effort will be made to quickly reopen Marguerite Place.