11/30/2010: "Today: Annual Old-Fashioned Holiday Celebration"
The San Juan Historical Museum in FH hosts their annual holiday kick-off celebration, Wed (12-01-10) at 5:00 pm. Festivities take place in the King Farmhouse & the Etta Egeland Resource Center on Price St., where you will find:
• Museum buildings decked out with festive lights and holiday finery.
• Caroling by the Island Chordsmen offering up wonderful harmonies of traditional Christmas music beginning at 5:30 in the King Farmhouse.
• Kirk Fuhrmeister & Friends belting out toe tapping Christmas sing-a-long tunes beginning at 6:30 in the Resource Center.
• Hot cider, hearty chili (vegetarian, too), delectable holiday goodies, a special treat by Cynthia Burke of Cynthia’s, Of Course and world famous Ivar’s Clam Chowder!
• Phil Mayer’s “Winter Wonderland” model train display- a favorite for children of all ages.
• Fun for the whole family!
Come hungry, leave happy and share the joy of the season with your friends and family!
Thank you to Ivar’s Restaurants for the generous donation of their world famous clam chowder.
The San Juan Historical Society and Museum -preserving the history of San Juan Island since 1961.